“If a year was tucked inside of a clock, then autumn would be the magic hour.” – Victoria Erickson
Like most people, my all-time favorite season is the fall time. I know it sounds cliche to say, but there’s just something about cool breezes, orange leaves, cardigans, and all things pumpkin that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I’ve managed to mark quite a few fun fall activities off my bucket list, but there’s still so much more to do! Despite it being the end of October, there’s still plenty of time to tick off all of the autumnal faves within the next month. Therefore, I thought I’d share the fall bucket list I created for myself so you can find some inspiration to get the most out of the rest of this fall season.
- Paint fall nails. There are some people who can get extremely unique and creative with this, painting on leaves and tiny little pumpkins, but I’ve never quite mastered nail art. While you can certainly go all out with those Pinterest worthy designs, I simply went by the store and bought a few fall-esque Essie polish colors, my personal favorite being the color Wicked.
- Ride horses.
- Go to a haunted house.
- Decorate the porch.
- Bake pumpkin bread. This year was the first I’d ever baked pumpkin bread and I’ve officially decided to make it a new fall tradition. For it being my first time baking bread, it turned out surprisingly well! I went with a cream cheese filled pumpkin bread recipe, that I’ll link to here. I find most of my recipes off of Pinterest, so if you’re interested in seeing what I’m whipping up in the kitchen, make sure to follow me!
- Decorate the house.
- Bake cookies. While I love those Halloween themed sugar cookies you can pick up from the grocery store, I also wanted to bake some homemade chocolate chip cookies. Is there anything better than having your house smell like a bakery? I decided to try a new cookie recipe this time and they were delicious (link here). If you like your cookies on the more fluffy side, I’ll leave a link here for another recipe I use often.
- Watch Hocus Pocus.
- Have a fall photo shoot.
- Go to the pumpkin patch.
- Drink apple cider.
- Carve pumpkins.
- Go camping. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be ticking that box off this year since I’m (fortunately) pregnant. It doesn’t sound the most comfortable thing for me to do right now with my ever expanding belly.
- Have a picnic.
- Go on a hayride.
- Make soup and chili. I’ve made chili so far and went with this incredibly addicting recipe. Besides soup and chili, another heartwarming and belly-satisfying recipe to make during the fall is a large crock-pot of pot roast.
- Make a pumpkin spiced latte. I plan on trying a homemade recipe soon, but a few weeks ago I picked up a bag of the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte ground beans to keep my addiction going.
- Bake a pie. I think I’m going to do this one a little closer to Thanksgiving and the top contender so far is the ever-loved pumpkin pie. If you guys have any delicious pie recipes, let me know in the comments!
- Have s’mores.
- Have a bonfire.
- Read a book. I recently finished Wicked and right now I’m little more than halfway through Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Harry Potter is actually a series I’ve never read before (put down your pitchforks) but better late than never, right?
- Take a bath. This one didn’t take me long to tick off the box. Pretty soon after making the list, I was lighting a candle and dropping a bath bomb into the tub.
- Go on a hike.
- Have a Harry Potter marathon. So far I’ve watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and like I said earlier, I’m currently reading the book. I have so many more films to go!
Hopefully, this inspired you to enjoy the beautiful fall weather and fit some more fall activities in before the end of the season. What are some things that are on your fall bucket list? I loved the idea of doing this because whenever I had free time or was trying to think of something to do, I could refer to the fall bucket list I created. I’m thinking I’m going to create one for the winter as well because as we all know there are so many winter-inspired movies to watch and treats to bake!